First Team - Match centre

Cadbury Heath
Mangotsfield United
Sat 28 Jul 15:00 - Friendly Full time

Late Goals Denies 'Field

Mangotsfield's latest pre-season friendly at Toolstation League Premier Division Cadbury Heath ended all square after the hosts levelled in added time.


The Mangotsfield line up featured new signing midfielder Todd Winter who was making his first appearance for the club after returning from holiday, also named in the starting eleven was Joe Turley, a midfielder recently released by Cheltenham Town.

After a quiet opening Mangotsfield took the lead on eight minutes when Alex Lambert was rewarded for chasing down a seemingly lost cause and blocking a clearance which rebounded kindly for Mike Whittington who was brought down when going around Simon Crawford.

Neil Arndale stepped up to guide the resultant penalty in to the top right hand corner.

The hosts first notable chance came on twenty one minutes with a strike from twenty yards which curled away from Danny Greaves left hand upright.

Minutes later the home side went close again with another effort from distance this time the strike flashing just wide of Danny Greaves right hand post.

The woodwork denied Mangotsfield from taking a two goal lead on the half hour mark when Mike Whittington's clever flick found the run of Todd Winter who broke into the penalty area only for his miss hit shot to be parried onto the right hand post.

Simon Crawford had to be alert on thirty nine four minutes turning behind Mike Whittington's snap shot from twenty yards which bounced awkwardly just in front of the Cadbury Heath goalkeeper.

On thirty nine minutes another strike from distance was palmed over by Danny Greaves, who was to leave the pitch shortly afterwards after going over on his ankle.

Cadbury Heath should have equalised in added time when a cross from the right to the back post was met by the unmarked Mark Reynolds who from six yards out headed the ball downwards only for the ball to bounce up and over the bar.

The opening fifteen minutes of the second half saw little in the way of goalmouth incident as both teams made changes to their line ups.

However on sixty one minutes Cadbury Heath levelled after a through ball opened up the right side of the Mangotsfield defence allowing the ball to be guided past Cameron Miller who was beat at his bear post.

The home side were on level terms for less than three minutes as Mangotsfield re-took the lead courtesy of an own goal after an attempted clearance from a low ball into the near post sliced across goal and in at the far post.

With the match inside the last fifteen minutes Andy Black's side wasted a Glorious chance to draw level for a second time when a left footed free kick whipped in from the right to the back post was met eight yards out but headed over the bar.

Mangotsfield could have wrapped the match up in the last minute after substitutes Kyle Tooze, Luke Palmer and Ryan Bath combined, the move ending with Bath blazing over from close range.

In added time Cadbury Heath levelled for the second time in the match after a deep floated corner to the back post was headed home from close range.

Line up: 1. Danny Greaves (45', GK. Cameron Miller), 2, Neil Arndale, 3. Alex Lambert (58', 17. Luke Palmer), 4. Nick Dunn, 5. Dale Peckham(75', 18. Kyle Tooze), 6. Lee Marshall, 7. Nuno Felix (46', 15. Lewis Parker), 8. Joe Turley, 9. Todd Winter (58', 16. Paul Banks) 10. Mike Whittington (46', 12. Ryan Bath), 11. Charlie Rich (46', 14. Tom Parrinello).

Substitutes: GK. Cameron Miller, 12. Ryan Bath, 14. Tom Parrinello, 15, Lewis Parker, 16. Paul Banks, 17. Luke Palmer, 18. Kyle Tooze.


Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors